Our 200hr YTT intensive training course is registered with Yoga Alliance USA.
An intensive training course is the beginning of your journey to yoga teaching. It’s a great way to immerse yourself in yoga and learn how to teach with confidence and authenticity in a short period of time. This is your opportunity to explore and experience yoga, to find your own authentic teaching style and voice. And even though we work hard, we have lots of fun and laughter on the way. The latest 200hr YTT intensive training course dates are below.
Latest dates and costs can be found here
- Approximately 220 hours of study
- Intensive training
- Emergency First Aid Certificate (not at our Scotland venue)
- Certifcate enabling you to register with Yoga Alliance USA as a yoga teacher. Click on the link to find out the minimum standards required by the Yoga Alliance. (Link opens in new window).
Is it right for me?
- You want to take the step from yoga practitioner to yoga teacher or deepen your yoga practice.
- As a yoga practitioner of at least 2 years you’re ready to take the next step.
- You want a course that’s registered with an internationally recognised organisation.
- You’re looking for a professional, good quality, high content course that gives you lots of help and support.
- You’re open to exploring yoga and finding your unique style and voice.
- You want to learn to teach in an authentic way, with kindness and integrity.
- You prefer to study in an intensive environment, qualifying more quickly.
What do I get?
- Approximately 220 hours of training
- Course manual
- The option to apply for a mentoring opportunity with our principal trainer. (limited places available)
- Emergency first aid qualification (except Scotland course)
- Reading list
- Personal journal
- Exercises and tips to get you started with your classes
- Free place at the next Teachers Retreat with the Business Hour following completion of the course.
- On completion of your training you will receive a certificate and be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance USA as a yoga teacher.
What will we cover?
Yoga is so much more than asana practice. So expect to be guided through anatomy & physiology, subtle bodies, teaching methodology, philosophy, meditation, the business of yoga and much more.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Taking the teachers seat
- Lifestyle and ethics
- The business of yoga
- Emergency first aid (except Scotland course)
Click on the link to find details of our curriculum. (Link opens a new window)
We also take time to explore and experience many different styles or forms of yoga. This might include Dru Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Hot Yoga, Kundalini Yoga and Iyengar Yoga as examples. All our guest teachers have their own style or form of teaching which they’ll share with you.
How will I be assessed?
During the training we assess you in many ways. This includes ongoing assessment, home study & assignments and also tests. Tests are organised into small sections, rather than one large test at the end. We do this to make the process less intimidating and less overwhelming for you. This type of assessment also enables us to give you extra support during the course if you need it. So if you’re struggling with a particular area of the curriculum, we can help you through.
How much does it cost and how do I apply?
- Tuition fees arre slightly different depending on the venue. Scotland doesn’t include a first aid certificate and is therefore cheaper. All prices can be found here.
- Remember to budget for travelling, books and accommodation if you need to stay over.
- To apply, please complete our application form. Application Form. We may telephone you or contact your teacher(s) as part of this process.
What happens next?
We review your application form and then we’ll contact you to confirm that your place is being held for you. We hold your place for 7 days. Once we’ve received your deposit, your place is confirmed.
The balance of the course fees are due 6 weekes prior to the start of the course.
This yoga alliance registered 200hr YTT intensive training course equips you to teach yoga to a general population with confidence, kindness, authenticity and integrity. We’re here to support you on your journey.
We look forward to welcoming you at our 200hr YTT intensive training course.
Please contact us if you’d like more help by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we’re teaching or training we may be a little slower to respond, but we will get back to you.
You can also take a look at our FAQs page and find more information.
“Thank you for giving me the confidence to follow a dream.”
“Thank you very much for all your support, help and guidance. You are an amazing teacher.”
“Thank you so much for your beautiful soul, your wonderful teaching and your loving guidance.”
“Authentic, still, a beautiful teacher”
“Thank you for all your support and laughter”
“Thank you Amanda for all your help and encouragement.”
“Thanks for all your kindness, care and help.”
“Amanda – Safe, humorous, talented, beautiful, kind, connected.”